Spread some holiday cheer this season with Chef Rocco’s irresistible granola! Warmly fragrant with cinnamon and ginger, infused with rich brown butter, and lightly sweetened, this granola hits every note on the sweet-salty-chewy-crunchy spectrum. Use any combination of spices and nuts you like to make this your own!
Enjoy this delicious granola as a nutritious snack, or add it to your breakfast smoothie, seasonal salad, or favourite ice cream! It also makes for the perfect edible gift when wrapped in a box or mason jar.
Watch Chef Rocco prepare this recipe and see why he has dubbed this the “put this on everything” granola. Full recipe below.
Chef Rocco’s Holiday Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup almonds (chopped)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and cook, stirring often, until the butter starts to foam and brown. This will take about 6-10 minutes. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Transfer the browned butter to a bowl and add in the brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, salt, cinnamon, ginger, coconut, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle the browned butter mixture and toss everything to combine.
- Spread the granola mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and let the granola cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.